I mentioned before that we have lots of babies in our lives these days. After the New York trip I headed down to Nashville to spend some time with my two newest "nieces." Sophie was born on November 4 and Meg was born November 24.

Sophie, left; Meg, right; tired-looking Alli, center, and they're not even my daughters!

I only got to spend about a day with each family, but I'm so glad I did. The girls are both so precious and sweet and their heads smell like heaven. The moms, Jodi and Ashley, are both doing an amazing job. They are seriously motherhood rockstars and I was so impressed with how relaxed they were and how amazing they looked.

Sophie Jo was due on November 21, but showed up on the Election Day ready to make history. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19.5" long. She has Jodi's strawberry blonde hair, and loves a nap.




Margaret Caroline was due on November 19, but didn't make her appearance until November 24, weighing 8 lbs, 3 oz, and 22" long. Meg has a head FULL of dark hair, just like Ashley did when she was born. Meg also has a big sister, Hurley. You can see the family resemblance in the hair. Hurley is very protective of her new sister, but she's still learning not to give face kisses.


You can see more of Meg and Sophie's meeting and a picture of Sophie and me reading a good Boston book at Sophie's blog. I think they got along really well.