Last weekend I (finally) visited the National Orchid Garden inside the Singapore Botanic Gardens. I've wanted to do it for a while, but Kyle's never been super fired up about the idea, so a colleague and I went this weekend.

The Gardens have been breeding orchids since 1928, and Singapore claims the largest display of tropical orchids in the world--over 1,000 species and 2,000 hybrids. And they really were amazing. I don't know their names (they aren't all labeled), but here are a few of my favorites.

An orchid hedge.



This one was tiny.



This is the only one I can name. It's Margaret Thatcher--a hybrid named in her honor during a visit to Singapore.

This little orange guy was really unique. He was the only one in this color that I saw, and the leaves and petals were thicker and shiny, almost like succulents.

Several of the orchids looked almost like irises or daffodils with their ruffled leaves.
We weren't the only ones enjoying the flowers:


The gardens were beautiful and I definitely plan to go back.