On my last butternut squash recipe, I made a call for suggestions and got a good one for butternut squash lasagna and another one for butternut squash chili.

I still have 2 squash to dedicate to those recipes, but I went for something I thought would be more simple for Saturday night after Kyle got home from a day of work. Plus, I had all the ingredients on hand for this pasta with butternut squash and sage from The Kitchn. And we all know how I feel about the grocery.

I started by oven roasting diced butternut squash, onion, garlic (3 cloves) and sage leaves. That stayed in the oven for about 40 minutes until it was nice and soft and brown.

Then I added it to cooked pasta with more sage, toasted pine nuts, and grated Parmesan. The goal was for the pasta to be a tiny bit crispy and to have a rich, pan-fried flavor. I actually expected more from the squash and onion, but Kyle says it was very good.

We did think it was a better with a little more olive oil on it. The "pan fried" was a little too dry and crisp for us.