We had quite a spread at our Small Group Thanksgiving dinner thanks to some really awesome cooks. Now, of course, since it was three weeks ago I'm not going to remember everything, but we had engineer-cooked turkey, butternut squash risotto, salad, stuffing, fresh green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie with ginger whipped cream, and probably more that I've forgotten! Nothing was run of the mill, and I wish I could remember all the specifics. Every dish was gourmet!

We contributed homemade dinner rolls (fine, but I'm not sure they were worth the ridiculously long time they took to make); and a smooth pumpkin soup with brandy-soaked cranberries. The soup was good, and made a good first course.

And we recorded a glimpse of the table thanks to the iPhone and the glory that is jailbroken freedom allowing such profound technological developments as video which went unpursued by the forward-thinking engineers at apple. (Be wary if you're prone to sea sickness.)