We spent Saturday wandering around Orchard Road in the afternoon, and then we went to Chinatown to explore a bit in the evening before meeting Eric and Emily for Eat-A-Thon #1. There's a courtyard area in front of the Chinatown Complex, where our dinner plans were, so we sat on a bench for a while to people watch.

As we were sitting, an Indonesian woman came and sat on the bench next to me, her friend about six feet in front of us, camera phone at the ready.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'll move out of your picture," I said, thinking, um lady. There were other benches. Surely you could have found another photo spot.

"No, no!" she said, putting her arm around me. "You are the picture, because you so beautiful!"

And with that serving as both explanation and, apparently, permission, I was hugged in multiple photographs by two Indonesian women.