[And now we have retrospective blogging...]

I landed in LA on Monday morning, two weeks ago now, in the middle of "June Gloom", which is what two different people called it--an LA thing, I guess. It was foggy and gray, but I still had a nice time. Monday afternoon it cleared up for a bit and I got to meet the extremely handsome Jonah, new son of Jack and Yula (formerly of Singapore).



They were awesome enough to pick me up at the airport, let me shower, then take me to brunch and walking a bit. It was great to see them and visit. I didn't bring my camera because of the gray weather, but by the time we got to the Santa Monica Pier, it was actually gorgeous.


(My shirt, Philip, was a gift from a friend in the US. Jonah is snoozing, covered, in the stroller between us. You know how the paparazzi are.)

I met a colleague for dinner and then settled into my extremely cozy hotel for the night. I don't know what the Angelenos think about the weather in June, but it was pretty crisp and awesome at night and I was loving it. I sent Kyle a "wish you were here" photo of my thumb and my fireplace. 



Thanks to jet lag, I was up early on Tuesday morning, so I did a bit of work and then went for an early morning walk on the Strand and the pier to watch the surfers.




Then we headed south where I spent the next two days in conference rooms, but not before stopping to see the cliffs at Palos Verdes...



and to have an In-N-Out burger, which is sort of a thing in LA. It was a great burger. But I may have been more pleased by the fountain Dr. Pepper. (Spoiler: the next two weeks involved a LOT of Dr. Pepper.)