We loved our house pretty much immediately, but we still want to change things. Not only could we not afford a house that didn't need a little love, but I wouldn't want to do that. It wouldn't feel like us. It wouldn't be ours.


We have a long, long, long, list of things we'd love to do to the house. Some are must-dos (like buy a refrigerator. The house didn't come with one.) Some are crazy pipe dreams. I don't expect to be able to do them all. In fact, I don't expect to want to do them all. I'm sure that as we live in the house, some things just won't be a big deal to us anymore. We'll learn to love the quirks we have, and not worry about changing things. 

But when an opportunity presents itself...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I stopped in the other day between work events to drop off a few things from the trunk. While I was there, I happened to notice that the wallpaper in the half bath was gaping a bit at the seam. Nothing dramatic, but I had to pull on it a bit, just to see.



Which led to a bit more.



Which led to a bit more.



And before I knew it, I was stripping wallpaper in my dress and heels.



Somehow it was the easiest wallpaper-stripping known to man. It just came off one sheet at a time. I didn't even get a ladder.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug So now the half bath is wallpaper free. There's still a gritty coat of glue on the wall, and I'm sure that will take a bit more elbow grease to remove. But look! I did my first little first-home DIY project!