Ok... the quick and dirty summary for March:

  • Kyle made lasagna with farm share beef and spinach
  • I made PW's Asian Noodle Salad. It was great, but it was a LOT. I barely had a bowl big enough to mix it.
  • In my 2, 4, 6, 8 cookbook, Rachael Ray has a great recipe for spiced lamb patties. Yum.
  • Also, in the Rachael Ray cookbook, she has a good mushrooms and cherry couscous recipe, but I didn't have cherries. It was still good, just without the tang.
  • After a sad misadventure with the propane tanks (involving annoyances at Home Depot, not explosions) we had oven broiled porter house steak and & roasted Brussels sprouts. (FYI: brussel sprouts are really really good roasted with olive oil and salt. I don't know how people used to cook them to give them such a bad rap, but they are yummy.)
  • We tried this braised chicken thighs recipe. It was only eh. I think it would have been better if all the stuff had been in one dish, melding together, and the chicken had been in another dish, getting slightly more crisped.
  • I made super easy stuffed shells. I used lamb browned with onion, garlic, a little nutmeg and salt and pepper. I stirred that with mozerella and a handful of bread crumbs, stuffed the cooked pasta shells, and baked the whole thing for 15 to 20 minutes to set.
  • Cabbage salad but without the fruit
  • Trader Joe's mango sausage sauteed with zucchini & onions.
  • After we had the propane: bleu cheese stuffed burgers with broccoli.
  • A crockpot success: tandoori chicken & rice. Quite good.
  • And Punjabi Dhaba--chicken tika and a guava lassi. Yum.
Ingredient of the month: chili garlic sauce! People, I love this stuff! I bought it to go with daikon, carrot and broccoli slaw recipe I made in January and we have loved it. I used it on green beans (so good), Kyle put it in the burgers, I put some in the Asian salad, I put some in the stuffed shells. It's perfect for anything that could stand a little bit of garlic and a little bit of heat. Which is pretty much everything.